Dental emergencies happen. Unexpected chips, cracks and broken teeth are an unfortunate occurrence for many. However, quick and proper treatment can restore your smile with little downtime and pain. If you experience a broken tooth or other dental emergency, follow these steps.
- Do You Need To Go To The Emergency Room? If you have experienced a sports injury, car accident or other major trauma that requires more than just a dental visit, go to the emergency room. We can consult with you and the doctors there if necessary, however, your whole health must be tended to.
- Save The Tooth If the tooth has been knocked out of the mouth, place it in a small container or plastic wrap and add some milk or saline to keep the root from drying out. Bring the tooth with you to the dentist. It may or may not be able to be re-inserted, but it will help us to be able to assess the situation.
- Call For An Emergency Appointment Please call us at (480) 818-9016 to let us know the nature of the injury, break or crack as soon as possible. We will get you in to see the dentist. Dental emergencies always take priority.
- Take an Ibuprofen Depending of the severity of the situation, you make be in a little pain, or a lot of pain. We recommend taking ibuprofen, and we may prescribe something stronger depending on your situation.
- Don’t Panic We can manage any type of break or crack, or even a lost tooth. It may take time, but rest assured, we will restore your smile. You are in good hands.